Thursday, 29 March 2012

Parisian Lady

When I attended Leonie Pujol's workshop last June we made a card using acetate and these black lady die cuts. A customer saw the photo on my facebook page and asked if I still had the card. One of my friends had bought the card at one of my coffee mornings so I have made a set of new cards. The base of this card is a glittered acetate made by Kanban. I cut it to a 6X6 square. The papers are from Craft Work cards and was a paper pack included in making cards magazine. I cut two pieces of the patterened paper and stamped the Eiffel tower on one of the pieces using a stamp set from Stampin Up! I attached the paper to the base card using 3D foam. It needed a strong adhesive due to the high level of glitter on the acetate. I attached the die cut using micro dots and covered the image in glossy accents. Round the edges of the paper I used Enamel accents to add detail. I used 3 different pieces of co-ordinating ribbon to tie around the spine of the card. To make the flower I used 2 blank card flowers and stamoed using another of the Stampin Up! stamps using a classic black ink pad. Usinf cut and dry foam I distressed the flower by adding more ink. To finish the flowers I used a nail file to take off some of the ink. I attached a co-ordinating brad in the centre. Really enjoyed making this one and am really happy with the finished result!