CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 6 January 2009

I found the lead....!


Hurrah! I found the lead to the camera. Here is a piccie of the gingerbread house I made for Christmas. I have to admit it was a kit - I didn't actually roll and cut out the shapes, but the icing and decorations are all my creation! I love Gingerbread men and houses and have some gingerbread decorations up in my kitchen all year. (Cupcakes is the other theme currently taking over the kitchen!)

A couple of years ago I bought a book on gingerbread houses from a charity shop for £1. There are some very detailed desgins in there and even a gingerbread village which was made as part of a competition in America. Next year....! I'm quite proud of my first attempt and Marco liked eating it! In the background of the photo of him you can see the tree I have in the kitchen - yes you've guessed it - with gingerbread decorations!

3 comments:

Anonymous

Marco's growing up fast! Looks like he gave you a helping hand with that gorgeous gingerbread house!
Happy new year Sharon!
Alison xx

Heather Robinson

I swear I can smell the gingerbread from both the house and the decorations on the tree. I love it too! Your son is a darling...bet he was great fun at Christmas. Happy New Year, dear friend.

Linda Vincent

Hi Sharon...it was lovely to see Marco; he's such a sweetheart. I'm sure you all had a great Christmas...hope you have a wonderful 2009.
Thanks for your kind comments.
Love
Linda x